I'm a mom and these are the 10 foods I always buy in bulk at Costco

costco membership receipt

Costco can be a great identify for those who want to buy items in bulk.
Shutterstock
  • I'thousand a mother and I oftentimes buy items in majority at Costco because information technology saves my family time and money.
  • My family eats a lot of cheese, so I honey Costco's bulk selection of the stuff, which includes 1-pound cartons of shredded Parmesan.
  • I typically buy a ton of poultry in majority and freeze some of information technology and then I always have something on hand to make for dinner.
  • My family eats oatmeal ofttimes and we use oats to make flour, then I stock up with 10-pound containers of the stuff at Costco.
  • Visit Insider's homepage for more than stories.

Of all the wholesale retailers, Costco holds the cardinal to my heart.

It isn't my one-stop-shop, simply I've establish that buying certain items in bulk saves me money (buying wholesale can be toll-constructive) and time (fewer trips to the grocery store) — which makes things easier for me and family.

These are the 10 foods that I always buy in bulk at Costco.

I buy tons of poultry in bulk so I always have something to make for dinner.

I similar to always take protein on hand.
Kirkland

Costco is where I buy organic chicken thighs, breasts, and drumsticks.

As a decorated mom who multitasks, I like knowing that I'thou always stocked upwardly and ready to prepare a protein-filed dish.

Since most of these offerings come in big packs of three that easily separate, I freeze what I don't use and thaw information technology out the next time I cook.

I stock up on maple syrup to use in about all of my sweet recipes.

Costco sells i-liter jugs of organic maple syrup.
Costco

If a recipe calls for refined sugar, I normally supercede it with honey, fruits, raisins, dates, or maple syrup so my broiled goods take a more than naturally sweetness cease.

Because of this, I stock up on Kirkland Signature's 1-liter jug of organic maple syrup since I've found that it'due south tasty and pretty affordable — I also know it'll get a lot of use in my domicile kitchen.

Read More: 10 fan-favorite desserts yous can get from Costco

I've constitute that information technology's cost-constructive to buy organic fruits and vegetables at Costco.

You tin buy 2 pounds of strawberries at Costco.
Costco

Depending on what meals I'm planning out for the week, I'll stock up on a diverseness of organic fruits and vegetables in bulk.

Some things I commonly buy include the retailer's 2-pound cartons of strawberries, 2-pound bags of baby carrots, and 4-pound containers of red seedless grapes.

Information technology especially makes sense for me to buy organic spinach in bulk since my family uses it in so many recipes.

Costco sells 1-pound cartons of organic spinach.
Costco

It seems similar spinach is the best optical illusion of all time — what looks like a ton of greenery ends up being a small corporeality once it's cooked down. Because of this, I find it's best to stock upward on the stuff.

Since my family loves to cook meals with spinach, the i-pound carton we get at Costco lasts united states for an entire week.

My family eats a lot of cheese, so I dear Costco's majority selection of information technology.

Kirkland Signature has a ane-pound container of shredded cheese.
Costco

Whenever I visit Costco, I take advantage of its cheese selection.

My son can finish an unabridged package of the cheddar-cheese slices in 1 mean solar day, so I e'er purchase them in majority. I'thou also a fan of Kirkland Signature's Parmesan, especially the 1-pound carton that comes pre-shredded.

My local Costco also carries a 2-log package of goat cheese with over 20 ounces of the stuff, and I like to buy information technology to use in salads.

I besides stock up on bulk bags of almond flour since my family bakes and cooks ofttimes.

Kirkland Signature makes iii-pound numberless of almond flour.
Costco

I prefer cooking with gluten-free flour, which means I apply a lot of almond flour in my recipes.

Because of this, information technology makes the virtually sense for me to buy it in bulk at Costco — my go-to selection comes in iii-pound bags and is from the Kirkland Signature brand.

I stock up on Himalayan pink common salt because I apply information technology so oft.

Costco sells 12-pound containers of the stuff.
Costco

I exclusively employ Himalayan table salt considering I remember the taste is much better than typical tabular array salt, which means my family goes through a lot of it.

The 12-pound Olde Thompson container from Costco lasts me a while and it's a staple for my family. I like to store this extra-large tub in my pantry and fill up smaller, prettier containers with salt and then I can exit them out in my kitchen for when I cook.

Read More than: eleven things yous didn't know you could purchase at the Costco nutrient courtroom

I stock up on eggs every time I become to Costco.

Kirkland Signature sells a 24-pack of eggs.
Costco

I e'er go a 24-pack of muzzle-free, organic eggs at Costco since my family goes through a lot of eggs, whether we employ them in recipes or melt them for breakfast.

I stock up on erstwhile-fashioned oats at Costco since my family uses them to make flour and oatmeal.

You can buy 10 pounds of oats at Costco.
Costco

For my family, buying former-fashioned oats in smaller containers at the supermarket is more expensive than grabbing an extra-large, ten-pound container of them from Costco.

I always know nosotros'll use them up since we eat a ton of oatmeal and we regularly manufacturing plant oats downwardly to use as flour.

Deal icon An icon in the shape of a lightning bolt.

Keep reading